Making of great leadersAll case studies
Semann & Slattery were engaged by the City of Melbourne to develop a leadership capability framework in order to support effective leadership during unprecedented times of change. Specifically this research project aimed to:
- Analyse the current state of leadership
- Identify any gaps and opportunities in relation to leadership
- Advise on a future direction for leadership
- Identify a program for leadership development of staff
- Make recommendations for a recruitment strategy and implementation of the leadership capability framework.
In meeting these objectives, the research team employed a number of methodological processes including:
- Interviewing organisational leaders
- Development, dissemination and analysis of a leadership survey
- Presentation of findings from individual interviews and survey to leaders and senior management
- Development of leadership capability framework
The impact of the leadership capability framework has provided the organisation with a solid focus on understanding and assessing organisational leadership. The framework has provided scope in developing the skills of both existing and new leaders.