More than Just a QIP – Imagination and Impact
More than Just a QIP - Imagination and Impact
Is your Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) just another document you need to keep for Assessment and Rating? Do your team members have as much ownership of the QIP as you do? Do you sit there scratching your head and looking blankly at the QIP template as you think to yourself ‘couldn’t there be a better way to do this’?
Believe us when we say that that the QIP should be a tool that transforms the practices across the program and isn’t just one of those processes and documents that you just have to get through. This workshop offers you some hope and some very practical strategies to support ongoing transformation in practice. It invites you to reimagine what a culture of change is and how you and your team can have an impact on the practices across the centre. In doing so we will explore how the QIP can be reimagined, how reflection can assist in transformation and how you can maximise your team’s efforts to ensure that everyday practices are anything but mainstream.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Communicate the links between the QIP, the National Quality Framework and approved Learning Frameworks to colleagues
- Identify how to extend your team’s skills in developing and implementing an effective self assessment process
- Describe how you can utilise critical reflection and professional conversations to identify strengths and areas for improvements
- Identify how to develop a culture of trust and accountability
- Explain the change process and strategies that support team engagement in the process
THE AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARDS
NSW: Completing this course – More than just a QIP will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: APTS 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Other States: Completing this course – More than just a QIP (6 hours) may be used as Teacher Identified Professional Development/Learning addressing: APTS 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARD DESCRIPTORS
- APTS 6.3.2: Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice
THE NATIONAL QUALITY STANDARD
This course aligns with:
- QA 1: Educational Program and Practice