Beyond Gossip – Building a Positive Work Culture? (3 hours)
Beyond Gossip - Building a Positive Work Culture? (3 hours)
Jun 26Tue 5:00 PM - Tue 8:00 PM Albury Julie Boxhall
- $160.00 incl. GST
What is your workplace culture like? Is it open and transparent? Is it free of gossip and tension? Do you even believe that you can have a gossip free workplace? Do you feel respected and supported in your workplace as too often this is not the case?
In a predominantly female dominated sector, many believe that gossip, whispers and innuendos are just part and parcel of our sector. So why should we expect anything different? Is this just the way our sector is? Or do you believe this gender stereotype is an unprofessional attitude and contributes to creating a toxic work environment?
Creating a positive work culture is essential if educational settings want to maximise educator and staff engagement, which in turn contributes to positive relationships with children and families. Having a harmonious work environment helps retain as well as attract highly motivated educators and other team members. A positive organisational culture is where the directors, co-ordinators and staff members can communicate openly, participate in respectful debate and take steps to further their professional learning.
This professional learning opportunity is designed with room leaders, centre leaders and managers in mind. In this three-hour workshop, we will explore the following:
- What a positive work culture looks like
- Gossip, its definition and its repercussions
- The consequences of negative gossip
- The tools for creating a more positive organisational culture
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and describe the attributes that make for a strong workplace culture
- Differentiate between healthy and unhealthy workplace practices that impact on culture
- Define practical strategies that will enhance the culture of your team
The Australian Professional Teaching Standards
NSW: Completing this course – Beyond Gossip – building a positive work culture will contribute 3 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: APTS 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Other States: Completing this course – Beyond Gossip – building a positive work culture (3 hours) may be used as Teacher Identified Professional Development/Learning addressing: APTS 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
- APTS 6.3.2: Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice
The National Quality Standard
This course aligns with:
- QA 4.2: Managers, educators and staff members are collaborative, respectful and ethical
- QA 7.2: Effective leadership builds and promotes a positive organisational culture and professional learning community