Amanda specialises in training and support programs that encompass her two key areas of interest, the visual arts and sound business and human resources management practices in early learning settings. Prior to becoming a professional learning facilitator in 2014, Amanda had over ten years experience as a Director responsible for both Early Learning and Out of School Hours care programs in NSW and the ACT. She has been an owner operator and managed community based services.
A visit to the schools in Reggio Emilia in 2006 confirmed her thinking about the importance of the environment as a teacher and the value of sophisticated aesthetics for children’s wellbeing. The approach in Reggio also inspired a deeper understanding of the crucial role arts languages can play in children’s learning. Amanda holds an Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management, a Diploma in Children’s Services in Early Childhood and Out of School Hours Care, and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. Amanda was the ACT nominated board member for the inaugural ACECQA Board from August 2011 – July 2014.
- A Taste of Art
- Amazing Teams: A Dream? A Reality? Or Just Some Story Someone Made Up? - A Session for Directors, Assistant Directors, Room Leaders and Nominated Supervisors
- More Tastes of Art
- More than Just a QIP - Imagination and Impact
- Rethinking Behaviour: Whose Problem is it Really?
- The Happy and Resilient Child
- The Power of Two - Service Leaders and Second in Charge Working Together