Do you feel you have sufficient knowledge of how to include a child with a complex communication need? Presented by a qualified Speech Language Pathologist, you will gain an understanding of complex communication needs in children under the age of 5 who may benefit from assisted communication.
- what is a complex communication need?
- types of augmentative and alternative communication
- when to introduce alternative forms of communication - when and how
- introduction to Key Word Sign
- aided language stimulation using Key Word Sign and symbols
Completing Speak Easy: Complex Communication Needs - the signs and symbols contributes one hour of PD that aligns with the NESA (NSW) criteria for Elective PD and addresses
The Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: APST 1: Know children and how they learn
The Early Years Learning Framework: Learning Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
The National Quality Standard: QA1: Educational program and practice