2 consecutive days of curriculum and documentation immersion
We have over the past three years presented our now nationally famous curriculum course and our documentation course. Participants have remarked on how these two courses have changed their approach to teaching an documentation. In 2019, we are bringing a unique experience to those wishing to go deeper in their thinking and to unpack in more detail these two critical components of quality practices.
We have two of Australia’s leading thinkers and facilitators coming together to co-facilitate these two days for you. Bringing their wealth of experience and knowledge, Anthony and Kirsty will take you on a journey of transformation as they share their thinking, challenge the ways in which we have come to understand documentation and leave you inspired to change the world one teaching day at a time, one documentation at a time
This 2 day workshop is open to anyone interested in rethinking how they approach their work. Over the two days we will explore:
- Developing a deeper understanding of curriculum and its relationship to teaching
- Exploring a variety of teaching techniques that deliver positive outcomes for children
- Exploring the relationship between the approved Learning Frameworks and teaching practices
- Develop a deeper understanding of project work with children and deep thinking
- Rethinking our approaches to documentation
- Developing an understanding of how to prepare for Assessment and Rating in relation to Quality Area 1
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the core components of quality documentation
- Apply observations and other artefacts into a piece of pedagogical documentation
- Name processes which can establish a culture of inquiry in an educational setting
- Articulate with colleagues what makes for quality teaching content
This is a not to be missed opportunity, which will leave participants wanting more and inspired to create change in their workplaces.
The Australian Professional Teaching Standards
NSW: Completing this course – Documentation Immersion Class will contribute 11 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Other States: Completing this course – Documentation Immersion Class (11 hours) may be used as Teacher Identified Professional Development/Learning addressing:
- APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
- APTS 6.2.2: Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities
- APTS 6.3.2: Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice
The National Quality Standard
This course aligns with:
- QA 1: Educational program and planning