Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Online activity2016 Curriculum Conference USBPurchase the curriculum conference USB
- $75.00 incl. GST
Curriculum or ‘what we should teach’ is an interesting conversation to be had in educational settings. In the earlychildhood education sector the Early Years Learning Frameworks, and other State based frameworks, have been effective in sparking conversations about what and how we should teach. However, there is still much to be discussed and debated. Many people come to the topic of ‘what we should teach children?’ with some diverse and interesting ideas whilst others proclaim that following children’s interests is sufficient. This conference reflects on the framework, the outcomes, the content of our work and the challenges in deciding what is okay and what is not.
You will be inspired with some of Australia’s leading thinkers, as they share with you their thoughts and
provocations, in order to support you in your teaching and documentation of children’s learning.
- Anthony Semann – STANDING BY OUR CHOICES: DELVING INTO OUR PRACTICES
- Anne Stonehouse AM – THE EARLY YEARS LEARNING FRAMEWORK – SO WHAT?
- Wendy Shepherd – LOOK WHO’S TALKING! A BABY REFLECTS ON A DAY IN AN EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAM
- Sally Barnes – QUESTIONS OF CONTENT: WHAT, WHO, WHY
- Kirsty Liljegren – FINDING THE BALANCE, NAVIGATING A NEGOTIATED CURRICULUM