Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Do you dread that time of year when it’s performance appraisal time? Do you wonder why nothing gets actioned in a performance development plan? Do you find the whole process painful and a waste of time? If so, then this workshop is for you!
Many performance appraisal systems are used in a way that they are rarely referred back to, live on a shelf for 12 months with no human contact made, don’t inspire action and leave much to be desired. Conversely, a great appraisal system should bring out the best in people, inspire amazing performance and enhance a culture of accountability.
Aimed at service leaders and team leaders, this workshop is designed to step you through the development of a performance appraisal process that will inspire your staff to achieve more in their role beyond satisfactory performance.
This workshop will cover the following topics:
- Understanding employee motivation in the workplace - why some people show up and others don’t
- Developing a performance appraisal process that works in with your current performance management system
- Creating powerful goals that lead to personal transformation and team success
- How to connect employee development plans to your quality improvement plan
- Utilising strengths to get the best out of employees
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe key factors determining workface motivation and apply them in your workplace
- Assess and refine your current employee development plans
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively construct powerful goals to inspire employee improvement
- Review your employees’ current performance against a set of service identified standards
- Connect employee development plans to the quality improvement plan
- Assist others to articulate and apply their strengths to their job roles and goals
THE AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARDS
NSW: Completing this course – Performance Appraisal will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Other States: Completing this course – Performance Appraisal (6 hours) may be used as Teacher Identified Professional Development/ Learning addressing: APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARD DESCRIPTORS
- APTS 6.2.2: Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities
- APTS 6.3.2: Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice
THE NATIONAL QUALITY STANDARD
This course aligns with:
- QA 4.2: Educators, co-ordinators and staff members are respectful and ethical
- QA 7.2.2: The performance of educators, co-ordinators and staff members is evaluated and individual development plans are in place to support performance improvement