Do you dread that time of year when it’s performance appraisal time? Do you wonder why nothing gets actioned in a performance development plan? Do you find the whole process painful and a waste of time? If so, then this workshop is for you!
Many performance appraisal systems are used in a way that they are rarely referred back to, live on a shelf for 12 months with no human contact made, don’t inspire action and leave much to be desired. Conversely, a great appraisal system should bring out the best in people, inspire amazing performance and enhance a culture of accountability.
Aimed at service leaders and team leaders, this workshop is designed to step you through the development of a performance appraisal process that will inspire your staff to achieve more in their role beyond satisfactory performance.
This workshop will cover the following topics:
- Understanding employee motivation in the workplace - why some people show up and others don’t
- Developing a performance appraisal process that works in with your current performance management system
- Creating powerful goals that lead to personal transformation and team success
- How to connect employee development plans to your quality improvement plan
- Utilising strengths to get the best out of employees
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe key factors determining workface motivation and apply them in your workplace
- Assess and refine your current employee development plans
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively construct powerful goals to inspire employee improvement
- Review your employees’ current performance against a set of service identified standards
- Connect employee development plans to the quality improvement plan
- Assist others to articulate and apply their strengths to their job roles and goals
THE AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARDS
NSW: Completing this course – Performance Appraisal will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Other States: Completing this course – Performance Appraisal (6 hours) may be used as Teacher Identified Professional Development/ Learning addressing: APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARD DESCRIPTORS
- APTS 6.2.2: Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities
- APTS 6.3.2: Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice
THE NATIONAL QUALITY STANDARD
This course aligns with:
- QA 4.2: Educators, co-ordinators and staff members are respectful and ethical
- QA 7.2.2: The performance of educators, co-ordinators and staff members is evaluated and individual development plans are in place to support performance improvement