Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Consider this quote ‘You cannot have a positive life in a negative mind’?
Do you ever feel like you are just focusing on the negative in people? Do you think that work would be easier if only you could focus more on the positive rather than the negative? The reality is that leaders need to lead as well we manage and we cannot avoid dealing with the tough stuff. However, the research from a positive psychology perspective suggests that there is untapped potential awaiting us if we move from problem focused to solution focused leadership. But how do we get to this place if all we can see around us is problems and issues? Could this really be possible?
In this 3-hour workshop we will explore the enormous potential positive based leadership can have on you and your colleagues. We will unpack in practical terms the things you can do both with your teams and for yourself to unleash the power of positivity.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify strategies from positive psychology that can support you and your team
- Understand the power positivity plays in leadership
- Identify how to transform your mind set from a negative one to a positive one
The Australian Professional Teaching Standards
NSW: Completing this course – Solution Focused Leadership will contribute 3 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Other States: Completing this course – Solution Focused Leadership (3 hours) may be used as Teacher Identified Professional Development/Learning addressing: APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
- APTS 6.2.2: Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities
- APTS 6.3.2: Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice
The National Quality Standard
This course aligns with:
- QA 4.2: Educators, co-ordinators and staff members are respectful and ethical
- QA 7.1: Effective leadership promotes a positive organisational culture and builds a professional learning community
- QA 7.2: There is a commitment to continuous improvement.