Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Two heads are better than one is a well-known and often recited maxim. The role of service manager and second in charge is vital to the success of any early or middle years program. This dynamic duo need to effectively manage and lead all aspects of an educational setting including:
- shaping the lives of young children
- managing parental expectations
- managing staff
- overseeing educational programs
- ensuring long term viability of the service
- maintaining a high-quality program
This can be a rewarding yet sometimes thankless task, all done in a highly emotional environment with many personality types to work alongside. With this in mind, we offer this inspiring one day course for service leaders and their second in charge to regroup, re-energise and reimagine their programs to transform their services for 2018.
Topics we will cover throughout the day include:
- Developing and maintaining a wicked vision to inspire others
- Teams, team dynamics and getting the best out of your team
- Managing interpersonal conflict through understanding different behavioural styles
- Working together as leadership team to create flourishing workplaces
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Apply the principles of team dynamics to get the best out of your team
- Define the hallmarks of effective team leadership and generate a plan to apply to your service
- Demonstrate an understanding of conflict management approaches and generate the most appropriate strategy to your setting
- Apply a behavioural framework to better understand the styles of others to enhance interpersonal relationships.
THE AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARDS
NSW: Completing this course – The Power of Two will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Other States: Completing this course – The Power of Two (6 hours) may be used as Teacher Identified Professional Development/Learning addressing: APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARD DESCRIPTORS
- APTS 6.2.2: Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities
- APTS 6.3.2: Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice
THE NATIONAL QUALITY STANDARD
This workshop aligns with:
- QA 4.2: Management, educators and staff members are collaborative, respectful and ethical
- QA 7.2: Effective leadership promotes a positive organisational culture and builds a professional learning community
This course is designed for the serviced leader and their second in charge. As such, it is a requirement that both the service leader and the second in charge enrol to successfully complete the course.