Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
When implemented correctly and supported, the role of the Educational Leader can have a high impact on the quality of the program and the team dynamics in an early childhood setting. When implemented incorrectly it can be confusing, time consuming, and have little to no impact on daily practices. This full day session takes the time to unpack the role of the Educational Leader, and look at some of the essential understandings and skills you need to have in this role. We will also discuss a variety of ways in which the role can look in different settings, and how you can best match expectations to the needs of your team and program.
Throughout the day our discussions will cover a range of topics and activities, which will assist you to unpack the discussions and information, and relate them directly to your own setting. A part of the day will also be dedicated to deepening understandings around the use of Emotional Intelligence, and how having a high level of Emotional Intelligence is one of the keys to your success as an effective Educational Leader
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Communicate the role of the Educational Leader in relation to current approved Learning Frameworks and Regulations
- Identify and engage in the use of a variety of leadership strategies
- Develop, implement and justify processes for supporting teams through the continuous improvement cycle
- Effectively use meaningful strategies which empower teams to take ownership for their practices
- Engage in strategies of support which assist to build a culture within the program of ongoing critical reflection and collaborative practices
The Australian Professional Teaching Standards
NSW: Completing this course – I’m an Educational Leader will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: APTS 6.2.2, 6.3.2 & 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Other States: Completing this course – I’m an Educational Leader (6 hours) may be used as Teacher Identified Professional Development/Learning addressing: APTS 6.2.2, 6.3.2 & 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
- APTS 6.2.2: Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities
- APTS 6.3.2: Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice
- APTS 7.2.2: Understand the implications and comply with relevant legislative, administrative, organisational and professional requirements, policies and processes
The National Quality Standard
This workshop aligns with:
- QA 1: Educational Program and Practice
- QA 7.1.2: Systems are in place to manage risk and enable the effective management and operation of a quality service