Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
This workshop is in response to the very positive feedback from participants who enjoyed A Taste of Art in 2017 and the many participants who asked, ‘what’s next?’. Well here it is! ‘More Tastes of Art’ will explore more mediums and ideas to support educators and teachers who wish to build their confidence using visual arts materials and creating meaningful arts curriculum.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Discuss drawing practices in detail and explain what learning is available to children using this creative discipline
- Use a range of graphic utensils and paper and describe how drawing can alter our brains and perceptions of the world
- Explain the principles and elements of design, use this knowledge as a tool for richer arts vocabulary and be able to demonstrate these concepts using collage and other materials
- Develop strategies for talking to children about their ’arts work’ in a meaningful way
- Discuss the properties of clay and learn basic hand building techniques that will ensure successful outcomes for children’s work with this material
- Examine the pedagogy of ‘ick’ and ‘euww’ and its impact on creative curriculum
- Discuss how to engage authentically with the arts traditions of the first Australians
During the workshop, you will be introduced to a brief history of sculpture and be able to create your own piece in order to critically reflect on the construction activities that are offered to children.
Yet again there will be a little bit of mess, lots of laughs and inspiration guaranteed! If you weren’t able to attend the first Taste of Art, fear not; this workshop caters for everyone and combines theory and lots of ‘hands on’ practical experiences. This workshop is ideal for teachers and educators interested in gaining greater confidence with visual arts materials and ideas to improve arts curriculum.
THE AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARDS
NSW: Completing More Tastes of Art will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: APTS 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Other States: Completing More Tastes of Art may be used as Teacher Identified Professional Development/Learning addressing: APTS 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation. AUSTRALIAN
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARD DESCRIPTORS
- APTS 6.3.2: Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice
THE NATIONAL QUALITY STANDARD
This course aligns with:
- QA 1: Educational Program and Practice