Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
They say a picture is worth a thousand words … but what are your photos saying? Photos are impactful, they generate a story and they convey powerful messages to those who see them. We can all name a photo that has changed our perception or had a lasting effect on us. In educational settings, such as early childhood programs, photography is now common place, whether it is taking photos of children’s learning for the purpose of documentation, or capturing the learning space for a Facebook post or a newsletter, or taking photos of staff - there are multiple situations where educators are found needing to handle a camera.
Let us think before we shoot - how might we make an ordinary photo into something powerful? In this practical workshop, you will learn:
- How to use various cameras to their potential, including iPads (you are encouraged to bring along what you would use on a regular basis in your setting)
- The basic rules of photography and composition
- How to use light to your advantage
- What you should be photographing
- Free and paid app suggestions on how to improve the overall photo during the ‘editing’ stage
- What to do with the photos once they are captured
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the basic rules of photography, including composition and lighting
- List key considerations in determining subject matter
- Apply free and paid app suggestions on how to improve the overall photo
- Demonstrate how photos can be used once they are captured