Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
If quality matters to the room leader, it will matter to the team. It is the room leader who guides good practice. Do you find yourself having to make the tough decisions but experience some reluctance in doing so? Can you see the potential for change in your room but struggle to bring the team with you? Do you find it challenging to motivate and understand the various behaviours of the colleagues you lead in your classroom? Having trouble getting everyone accountable for their own actions?
This one-day workshop will give you the information and confidence you need to be an effective room leader, regardless of your long history or relative newness to the early childhood profession. We will share stories of success and strategies to help you become the best room leader you can be and provide you with some great tools that allow you to succeed now and into the future.
Some of the topics covered over the day will include:
- How to lead effective conversations and discussions confidently
- Setting clear goals with your team and attaining them
- Strategies for tapping into your team's strengths
- Understanding the art of authentic leadership
- Setting up an environment and team based on accountability and integrity
- Effectively managing change
- Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain your room leader role and responsibilities to peers
- Identify what it means to be an effective room leader
- Develop pathways for continued leadership growth
- Leading reflective conversations and discussions with your team
- Map out how to set and achieve long and short-term goals for yourself and your team
The Australian Professional Teaching Standards
NSW: Completing this course – Now you are a Room Leader will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Other States: Completing this course – Now you are a Room Leader (6 hours) may be used as Teacher Identified Professional Development/Learning addressing: APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
- APTS 6.2.2: Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities
- APTS 6.3.2: Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice
The National Quality Standard
This course aligns with:
- QA 7: Leadership and Governance
- QA 4: 4.2: Educators, co-ordinators and staff members are respectful and ethical