Starting School is a significant moment in the lives children and families. A positive transition to school requires the efforts of a number of stakeholders, including children, family, early childhood settings and schools, and the interactions between them. This workshop draws on the research highlighting the benefits of a positive transition experience and key perspectives and considerations for ensuring all children and their families experience the best possible start to school.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of a positive transition to school experience
- Name the key stakeholders of transition to school and their different perspectives and expectations
- Describe variations in transition practices to meet the diverse needs and backgrounds of children's families
- Articulate key messages pertaining to school in relation to the learning outcomes above
- Identify challenges associated with transition to school approaches and explore potential solutions