Have you ever thought that ‘I wonder why he/she pushes my buttons?’ ‘Why do we have a personality clash?’ or have you ever thought ‘She’s just being difficult!’ or ‘We will never get along!’ If so, you will benefit by knowing more about your emotional intelligence and yours and others personality in order to enhance your interpersonal relationships and be more persuasive in your work and personal life.
This one day course introduces you to emotional intelligence and assists you in understanding different personality styles. Over the duration of the day you will:
- Learn about models of emotional intelligence and how emotions guide our thinking and behaviour
- Learn how to use emotional intelligence to manage and use your emotions more effectively and build better relationships
- Understand your own unique personality behavioural style ▪ Learn how to identify other people’s styles
- Learn how to improve interpersonal interactions by understanding yours and others styles
During this course we will be using and applying the following assessment tools
Emotional Intelligence Skills Assessment - assessing emotional and social intelligence helps us understand ourselves (and others). This helps us communicate, relate and work better together.
DISC Behavioural Styles Assessment helps us understand who we are naturally and how we change our behaviour in the workplace. Really useful to help a team understand each other and how each member behaves and communicates.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain how emotional intelligence affects our day to day interactions in the workplace
- Assess your own level of emotional intelligence using the EISA self-assessment tool
- Identify your own behavioural style
- Develop an action plan based on your behavioural style to enhance interpersonal relationships in personal and work situations.
The Australian Professional Teaching Standards
NSW: Completing this course – Emotional Intelligence will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Other States: Completing this course – Emotional Intelligence (6 hours) may be used as Teacher Identified Professional Development/Learning addressing: APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
- APTS 6.2.2: Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities
- APTS 6.3.2: Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice
The National Quality Standard
This course aligns with:
- NQS 4.2: Educators, co-ordinators and staff members are respectful and ethical
- NQS 6.1: Respectful and supportive relationships with families are developed and maintained
- NQS 7.1: Effective leadership promotes a positive organisational culture and builds a professional learning community