Good planning just writes itself, is meaningful, and has a collaborative approach to planning and learning. Transform your planning cycle from reports and checklists into meaningful documents that allow you to record and share the journey of learning for individual children as well as groups of children.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
If you can only get to one workshop this year about programming, planning and documentation, then this full day session is the one for you, and the team. From noticing the learning and developing meaningful goals, to implementing transformative curriculum planning that flows from your documentation of the learning. Tired of checking boxes, meaningless reflections which nobody is reading, and simply ‘just getting it done’. Tired of feeling like you are simply spending the day filling children’s social media feeds. We will go through the planning cycle and focus on what needs to be done, how we can do it, and what we can let go of.
This will be a great session for the leaders in settings as well as it will bring clarity on how they can support their teams in engaging in meaningful documentation processes which support high quality outcomes for all, as well as full accountability.
Participants in this session will gain;
- Support in understanding the planning cycle and how our documentation supports the planning for meaningful engaging learning opportunities.
- A new love for the critical reflective process and how it supports deeper understandings and real change opportunities
- Moving away from thematic and group planning to more focused project approach to learning
- Knowledge of how to plan and use a differentiated curriculum approach to planning
- Clarity around what is required as evidence as part of the assessment and rating process
THE AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARDS
NSW: Completing this course – Documentation solutions will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Other States: Completing this course – Documentation solutions (6 hours) may be used as Teacher Identified Professional Development/ Learning addressing: APTS 6.2.2 & 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARD DESCRIPTORS
- APTS 6.2.2: Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities
- APTS 6.3.2: Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice
THE NATIONAL QUALITY STANDARD
This course aligns with:
- QA 1: Educational program and practice
- QA 4.2.1: Professional collaboration
- QA 5: Relationships with children
- QA 6: Collaborative partnerships with families and communities