Let's launch into educational leadership. In this practical session, we will cover issues directly linked with the role of the educational leader and how this role can become a positive experience for both the educational leader and the educators they lead. Regardless if you have been the educational leader for some time, are new to the role, or preparing for taking up an educational leader position, this professional learning course is for you. An effective educational leader can inspire their teams into new realms of pedagogy and practice.
Participants will leave this session with a greater knowledge of:
- The roles and responsibilities of the educational leader
- How to develop and achieve both individual goals and team goals
- The importance of developing a team culture based on relationships and trust
- Supporting teams through pedagogical change
- How to shift the practices towards a sound evidence base
THE AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARDS
NSW: Completing this course – Educational Leadership will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing: APTS 6.2.2, 6.3.2 & 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Other States: Completing this course – Educational Leadership (6 hours) may be used as Teacher Identified Professional Development/ Learning addressing: APTS 6.2.2, 6.3.2 & 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARD DESCRIPTORS
- APTS 6.2.2: Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities
- APTS 6.3.2: Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice
- APTS 7.2.2: Understand the implications and comply with relevant legislative, administrative, organisational and professional requirements, policies and processes
THE NATIONAL QUALITY STANDARD
This course aligns with:
- QA 1: Educational program and practice
- QA 4.2.1: Professional collaboration
- QA 5: Relationships with children
QA 6: Collaborative partnerships with families and communities