The exceeding themes place focus on three key determinants.
- Practice is embedded in service operations
- Practice is informed by critical reflection
- Practice is shaped by meaningful engagement with families and/or the community
What these themes look like in practice undoubtedly varies across educational sites. However, detailed knowledge of their content and the application is necessary for achieving an exceeding rating. Together the themes become essential components of the fountain of practice. In this professional learning day, we will be exploring how you and your colleagues may integrate these three themes into practice beyond a superficial way but rather in ways which support their integration into the DNA of your centre.
Furthermore, we will explore some practical ideas on how to collect data on these themes in preparation for Assessment and Rating.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Articulate your understanding of the core components of each exceeding theme
- Assess your current practices against the three exceeding themes
- Identify changes which would support the exceeding theme
- Name ways to document the exceeding themes in preparation for Assessment and Rating
THE AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARDS
AUSTRALIAN PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARD DESCRIPTORS
THE NATIONAL QUALITY STANDARD
6.2.2 Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities
7.2.2 Understand the implications of and comply with relevant legislative, administrative, organizational and professional requirements, policies and processes