Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Do you feel you have sufficient knowledge of speech development? Presented by a qualified Speech Language Pathologist, you will gain an understanding of speech development in the under 5-year-old group as well as some of the more common speech delays and disorders that educators may come across in their work with children.
* Sound development in children
* What to expect and when
* Common causes of speech delays and problems
* How to model speech for children
Completing Speech development for under 5s will contribute one hour of PD addressing the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and aligns with the NESA criteria for Elective PD.
NESA Elective PD:
- Enhanced teaching practice to effect positive change and impact on student/child learning progress and achievements
- Job-embedded and provided opportunities for collaboration, transference and application
- Research based and evidence based
Alignment with Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
APST 1: Know children and how they learn
APST 3: Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
APST 6: Engage in professional learning
For information regarding teacher registration and accreditation, contact the teacher registration board/institute in your state.
This webinar also aligns with:
Alignment with the Early Years Learning Framework
The Early Years Learning Framework
Adopting holistic approaches
Responsiveness to children
EYLF Learning Outcomes
Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
Alignment with the National Quality Standards
QA1: Educational program and practice