Making your team great
Semann & Slattery believes that assessment tools provide powerful information to help people understand their personalities and behaviours in professional contexts.
We offer a range of assessment tools that:
▪ provide you with valuable insights about yourself or your team
▪ help you understand how and why you (and your team) act as you do in a professional setting.
The tools we use are:
▪ Hogan Assessments — to provide insights into your values, strengths and performance under pressure. They can help you understand how others might see you and help you improve your work performance. Hogan Assessments can be used for individuals or teams.
▪ Emotional Intelligence Skills Assessment — assessing emotional and social intelligence helps us understand ourselves (and others). This helps us communicate, relate and work better together.
▪ Strengths Profile — determines your strengths and how you use them. Knowing about our strengths puts us in charge of their use – when and how they can help us the most professionally.
▪ DISC Advanced Profile — helps us understand who we are naturally and how we change our behaviour in the workplace. Really useful to help a team understand each other and how each member behaves and communicates.
▪ MTQ48 — measures your mental toughness. Understanding when we do and don’t exercise mental toughness, helps us to be tougher, always. That way we can respond better to tough stuff like stress, task completion and big challenges.
How assessments work:
▪ if we think an assessment tool will help you achieve your goal, we will suggest it.
▪ each tool is designed for a specific purpose and most can be used just for you or for your whole team.
▪ the tools are completed by self-guided assessment and our qualified practitioners will interpret the results for you.
▪ we can attach the results of these assessment tools to coaching / mentoring.
Keysborough Primary School engaged Semann & Slattery to facilitate a school reform project. The school’s senior management team received regular executive leadership coaching in conjunction with whole team briefings and a workplace culture analysis. Semann & Slattery used Hogan Assessments as a tool to assess and assist in the recruitment and induction of new school staff.
Waverley Council’s commissioned Semann & Slattery to provide leadership coaching and training for the leaders of their early education centres over six months. Hogan Assessments were completed by each leader as part of the process.
Semann & Slattery was engaged to develop two 12-month professional learning programs for Explore & Develop for owners, nominated supervisors and room leaders. At the start of the program all participants completed Hogan assessments. They each participated in a one-one-one debrief with a member of the Semann & Slattery team to discuss their response to their reports, how the knowledge they gained might impact on their leadership and how they could use it to improve their work performance.
Junaya Family Development Services contracted Semann & Slattery to undertake DISC Advanced Assessments and use the DISC Team Tool to increase their staff team’s understanding of each other and their unique communication styles. Junaya Family Development Services runs early intervention services and a specialised family support service for families of children with learning difficulties or challenging behaviour.
Semann & Slattery used the Strengths Profile (previously known as Realise2) with team leaders from the City of Stonnington’s education and care centres prior to beginning a 12 month group coaching project. Team leaders were provided with an individual debrief prior to the first session, to discuss their response to their profile and how they could make better use of their strengths on a more regular basis in the workplace.